J-F ChardonSector3 ProducerDeveloper
- Jan 16, 2015
- +3,545 / 0
This is not all, we’re also bringing a complete overhaul of various cars. The biggest change being a big merger between GTR 1 and GTR X car classes. They’re now upgraded to our highest physics quality level and closely balanced together.
For those of you who were around in 2012 when RaceRoom was in open beta, you’ll remember the Nissan GTR GT1. After all these years sitting in a dark virtual garage, this car has now been unleashed and added to the GTR 1 class as well.
The Pagani Zonda R was also upgraded and now lives in its own single-make cup class with many liveries available.
Another car received some physics upgrades: the Formula RaceRoom Junior. @Alex Hodgkinson , our physics designer, has treated you with his own version of what this car should handle like, all based on the data and experience collected when he was racing such cars a few years ago.
On the sound side, we’re improving as well! @Anthony Monteil , our sound engineer, has been busy delivering many new reasons for our ears to rejoice! Read about it all in detail below!
Download size = 4.3 GB
Client version = 0.3.0.6411
Client BuildID = 2936158
Dedi version = 44.0.684
Dedi BuildID = 2936171
- Added a Volume slider in Sound Options for Brake Squeal volume.
- Skidmarks left on the track are no longer a fixed width but instead match the size of the tyre that suffered for it.
- Reduced the floating above ground of the skidmark decals when seen from a low angle camera.
- Underbody scraping sounds are now played in replay sessions. Also adjusted volume and fade for them.
- FFB Multiplier in Car Setup menu now allows to go up to 10.0 (was 5.0)
- Autoclutch assist is now forced ON when H-Pattern option is enabled but no direct gear buttons are mapped.
- Modifications to Clutch and H-pattern cars logic, making it required to lift throttle in order to upshift.
- Fixed mini data display in HUD that was using a slightly different logic for rev warnings.
- Fixed a game crash reported upon exiting certain replay sessions
- Fixed Input Meter HUD tool that would wrongly appear at the beginning of a race session.
- Fixed a lack of shift backfires when watching replays and on remote cars in multiplayer
- Fixed so skidmarks left on tarmac are now properly erased when restarting a session or rewinding a replay.
- Fixed an issue reported with replays or ghosts failing to save if a folder did not exist.
- 350 new gearshift / backfire / shift backfire samples were added.
- Various modifications to the backfire patterns and speed.
- Adjusted the hearing distance for gearshifts, backfires and shift backfires
- All cars – Brake squeal sounds improved. Better pressure versus volume fading, hearing distance adjusted for external cameras. Pitch adjusted to match recent recordings.
- BMW M1 Procar – Coast transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- BMW M3 DTM 2013 – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- BMW M4 DTM 2014/2015- Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Chevrolet Camaro GT3 – Main volume increased in cockpit. Transmission volume adjusted. Transmission pitch adjusted for both cockpit and external sounds.
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3 – Coast and Throttle volume balance adjusted
- Mercedes AMG C-Coupe DTM 2014 – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Mercedes 190 DTM 92 – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Mistral M530 – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Nissan GTR GT3 – Engine volume increased. Rev blend improvements. Transmission sound in cockpit adjusted.
- Nissan 300ZX – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Nissan GTR R32 – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Opel Omega DTM 92 – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Formula RaceRoom X-17 – New traction control external sounds
- Formula RaceRoom 2 – New traction control external sounds
- Formula RaceRoom Junior – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Ruf CTR3 – New sound recordings to match the GTR 1 specs.
- Saleen S7R – Rev blending improved for external sounds
- Volvo 240 Turbo – Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
- Pagani Zonda R – Physics upgraded. Moved to a single-make cup car class.
- Saleen S7R – Physics upgraded
- Ruf CTR3 – Physics upgraded, BOP for GTR1 car class
- Koenigsegg CCGT – Physics upgraded, BOP for GTR1 car class
- Gumpert Apollo – Physics upgraded, BOP for GTR1 car class
- Ford GT1 – Physics upgraded
- Formula RaceRoom Junior – Physics upgraded
- All H-pattern cars – Shifting modifications to match the new clutch code implementation
- Swapped the performance index of the Audi TT cup and the Formula RaceRoom Junior
- Ruf RT12R (GTR2 and GTR3) – Updated rev light logic
- Ruf CTR3 – Upgraded to a new data display
- Paul Ricard – Track resurfaced for bumps, swapped old 2D audience, added normal map to guardrail.
- Ford GT1 – Some dimension tweaks
- Mercedes DTM 2015 – #6 (Wickens) showed a wrong cockpit numberplate.
- Saleen S7R – Fixed headlights and brake lights that were not working after a recent update
Qualified motor mechanic with 30 years of experience, and licence'd LPG installer and pressure vessel cylinder tester.